What is Design Thinking Complete Work Process
Basically, design thinking is a complete process for understanding user-end thinking. Nowadays every business sector wants to grow from its product and service. But proper business owners firstly want to understand user problems related to their product. How can their product help user? And from here will find the answer to what is design thinking question.
Some big companies like Jio, Amazon, Google are doing is giving more preference to the designer who understands design thinking and implements it. Because they want to do exact research and understand human needs. So let's come to the point, what is design thinking and how it works.
What is Design Thinking
- It is a method to generate innovative ideas that focus its effectiveness on understanding and solving the genuine needs of users. It comes from the way product designers work.
- The design thing depends on mainly 5 steps.
- First, we will learn about the complete working process of design thinking. Then after comes the major points.
How Does It Work
- Design Thinking developed following a process in which what we consider being its 5 differential characteristics valued:
- The generation of empathy: we must understand the problems, needs, and desires of the users involved in the solution we are looking for. Regardless of what we are developing, it will always involve interaction with people. Meeting them is the key to a successful outcome.
- Teamwork highlights the ability of individuals to provide uniqueness.
- The generation of prototypes defends it must validate every idea before we assume it to be correct. Design Thinking encourages the identification of failures so that when we find the desired solution, they have already solved.
- Promoted all this under an atmosphere in which playfulness. It is about enjoying the process, and thanks to that, reaching a state of mind in which we unleash our potential.
- During the process, it developed techniques with great visual and plastic content. This makes us put both our creative and analytical minds to work, resulting in innovative and workable solutions.
- To use the method, it is very important to prepare below four points.
- Team Work
- Let's disclose every point from a large point of view.
- Those used in Design Thinking techniques are available to anyone. Get markers, sheets of paper, sticky notes, colored pencils, glue, and a camera.
- They will be our tools to promote visual communication, which is fundamental in the method. A picture is worth a thousand words. An image can evoke a myriad of ideas, as it gives rise to interpretation.
- Use as much diversity as possible to facilitate visual communication: consumables, multimedia, various objects, etc
- In Design Thinking it is essential to work as a team. The more diverse it is, the better. So you can add points of view, knowledge, and experience. In your team, if you have the right people, then they would make a wonderful project.
- There must be at least one person with knowledge of the method who knows how to guide the process. And although it must have a stable nucleus of people who take part until the end, we may add others depending on the phase in which we find ourselves. For example, in the generation of ideas or in the testing of prototypes.
- During the process, you will need a workspace, although you will also develop techniques outside of it. Find a place large enough to work around a table, with free walls where you can paste the information you generate.
- Think of a bright and inspiring place that encourages relaxed work and makes you feel comfortable and in a good mood. Have you heard of the famous Google offices? An inspiring space motivates innovation.
- Bright and inspiring places for work tables for groups and free walls for panels or murals need.
- In Design Thinking, attitude is essential. We must adapt what we called the "Designer Attitude." Be curious and observant. In any detail, we can find important information. We must be empathetic, both with people and with their circumstances.
- Being able to put ourselves in the shoes of the other. Question the Status Quo and do not carry prejudices or assumptions. Be optimistic and positive. Lose the fear of making mistakes, and see mistakes as opportunities.
- We must take the attitude of design specialists: be curious, observe, empathize, show creativity, optimism, and positivity.
Complete Work Process
- We made the Plan Considering preparation up of five stages. It isn't direct. You'll go in reverse or advances in case you see fit, bouncing indeed to non-consecutive stages. You will start by collecting a lot of information, generating an extensive amount of content, which will grow or decrease depending on the phase you are in.
- Below have some work process information, they could help you understand what is design thinking.
- The Plan Considering preparation starts with a profound understanding of the wants of the clients included within the arrangement we are creating, additionally of their environment. We must be able to put ourselves in the shoes of these individuals to create arrangements reliable with their realities.
- For this we will have to form a team, prepare the investigation and gather inspiration by immersing ourselves in the problem's context, observing with curiosity, and getting information from experts and users.
- During the Definition stage, we must sift through the information collected during the Empathy phase and keep what really adds value and brings us to new interesting perspectives. We'll recognize issues whose arrangements will be key to getting an inventive result.
- At the Interpretation, it is necessary to order and condense the information got to make sense of it and transform it into meaningful knowledge that allows us to find the big issues, define perspectives and generate ideas.
- The Ideation stage aims to generate endless options. I should not leave us with the first idea that occurs to us. In this phase, activities please expansive thinking and we must eliminate value judgments. Sometimes the most outlandish ideas are the ones that generate visionary solutions.
- Then the most promising ideas will select. Finally, the ideas will have to be refined by submitting them to a feasibility check.
- In the Prototyping stage, we make ideas come true. Building prototypes make ideas tangible and help us visualize workable solutions, highlighting elements we must improve or refine before reaching the result.
- On the Experimentation, we return to reality. Build prototypes and make ideas tangible through various resources: diagrams, storytelling, models, role play, etc.
- 14 prototypes after prototyping In the test process, people use that product and also take feedback from them. How is the question of what we can change in it, how convenient is it?
- In any situation, how will that work, by giving all this action to the people in the station, feedback from them? It made the final product keeping in mind all the changes mentioned in the test.
- So, friends, you saw that in the designing process; you understood what the problem was before and then defined it and knew the problem well. After that, Ideal should create unique ideas. Made a good idea about all that information. After that, we converted the idea into a product that created a dummy product.
- After taking a material, then gave it to the real user only to test it, so that you can take the feedback and make a product. So Friends Design Thinking Process Long Rise Very Accurate Steps Very Good Work. That's why there is a lot of demand nowadays for designing. So finally, today we have understood designing and what is design thinking.