- Developed and developing county uses the concept of industrial design.
- Developed and developing countries use the new concept of industrial design. The excellent performance is an industrial designer They have design thinking. And better management knowledge. You can develop designs and manage knowledge.
- It referred to industrial design, industrial products based on engineering, aesthetics, and economics.
Divided industrial design into four categories:
- product design,
- environmental design,
- design management;
- including modeling, design, mechanical design, clothing design, environmental planning, interior design, UI design, graphic design, packaging design, advertising design, display design, website design, etc.
- Industrial design is prepared for industrial product design. Industrial design involves psychology, sociology, aesthetics, ergonomics, mechanical structure, photography, color science, etc.
- The industrial design brought about by industrial development and division of labor differs from other arts, production activities, crafts, etc.
Table of Contents
- Academic concept
- Development trend
- Stage history
- Academic category
- Industry category
- Division of Labor
- Social roles
- Industry Promotion
1 Academic concept
ICSID (International Council of Societies of Industrial Design):
- Industrial design is a creative activity whose purpose is to establish multi-faceted qualities of objects, processes, services, and the systems that they make up throughout their entire life cycle.
- IDSA (Industrial Designers Society of America):
- Industrial design is a specialized service work that optimizes the appearance, function, and use-value of products and product series for the benefit of both users and producers.
The International Council of Industrial Design Association
(ICSID) has defined industrial design:
- In this future "international strategic layout" and "social form", design should understand as the "design industry" for designing new industries, and the innovative concept of "sharing service design" should welcome the "sharing service".
- In the era of "big data" and "Internet", the industrial structure, economic structure, and production relations have changed drastically, and fresh forms of social services are also emerging.
- Broad concept Generalized Industrial Design Refers to a series of actions that are recommended by clear means, from conception to the establishment of a practical implementation plan to achieve a specific purpose.
- Narrow concept Narrow industrial design includes the design of the material, equipment such as tools, equipment, and products necessary for survival and life to comply with the body and the user's mind.
- Since I have always based industrial design and product design since its inception, we refer product design to industrial design. In 2015, the International Design Organization defined industrial design as aiming to guide innovation, promote commercial success, and provide a better quality of life.
- It is a design activity that applies the process of strategic problem-solving two products, systems, services, and experiences.
- It is an interdisciplinary profession that closely links innovation, technology, business, research, and consumers to joint carry out creative activities, visualize problems to be found out and proposed solutions, re-deconstruct problems, and integrate.
- It serves as an opportunity to build better products, systems, services, experiences, or business networks, providing new value and competitive advantages.
- (Industrial) design is a response to social, economic, environmental, and ethical issues through its output, aiming to create a better world. The latest definition of industrial design of the World Design Organization in 2017.
- Industrial design is a strategic problem-solving process that drives innovation and achieves commercial success, and creates a better quality of life through innovative products, systems, services, and experiences.
- It requires that design and manufacturing, sales and manufacturing must separate, and it must implement a strict division of labor to adapt to efficient mass production.
- (1). Therefore, industrial design is a product of modern mass production, and I study modern industrial products to meet the needs of modern society.
- (2). That study not only aesthetics, they also study the practical performance of the product and the environmental effects caused by the product so that they can coordinate and unified, and their effectiveness can better bring into play.
- (3). Based on researching product performance, industrial design also uses reasonable modeling methods to enable products to have a product form that is full of the spirit of the times, conforms to product performance, and is in harmony with the environment, so that people can enjoy the beauty.
- The first purpose of industrial design is to enable people to use them more conveniently and make them more effective through reasonable planning products.
- I must use a cup for drinking water, it must use a pen for writing, a bicycle must be able to travel, a truck must be able to carry things, and so on.
- (4) To coordinate demand, design, production, and sales, organized activities must carry out to give play to the division of labor.
- In the industrial age, production is large and highly technical and cannot have been completed by one person alone.
- Development trend Industrial Products, is an integrated innovation activity that integrates and optimizes the function, structure, form, and packaging of the product through the comprehensive use of scientific and technological achievements and knowledge of society, economy, culture, and aesthetics with industrial products as the main object.
- Industrial upgrading Vigorously developing the design industry is the key link in our province's current industrial restructuring and upgrading, and it is an inevitable choice for transforming the economic development mode and taking the development track of "innovation-driven, endogenous growth".
- Industrial design accepted and played a role by people after the outbreak of the industrial revolution, developed on the condition of industrialized mass production.
- Many industrial products were shoddy and shoddy, which had seriously affected people's daily life
- An industrial designer is an inevitable means to change the situation boarded the stage of history.
Analyze the nature of industrial design from this concept:
- This kind of matching not only needs to meet people's user needs and also matches people's physical and psychological needs appropriately, which just reflects the people-oriented design idea.
- The nature of industrial design determines that it is a wide-ranging, cross-converging science, involving many disciplines in the research field,
- Which is like the glue of industrial society, making originally isolated disciplines such as physics, chemistry, biology, Marketing, aesthetics, ergonomics, sociology, psychology, philosophy?
- Associated and blended to form an organic unity. Something has realized once again the science of objectively revealing the laws of nature and the art of subjective and active creative activities.
- The core of the traditional industrial design is product design. With the development of history, the development of design connotation also is more extensive and in-depth.
- The material achievements of design and its influence on human living conditions and lifestyles are unmatched in any past era.
- The concept of modern industrial design has also emerged from this. We can divide modern industrial design into two levels: broad design and narrow industrial design.
In design theory, Bauhaus proposed three basic points:
①. The new unity of art and technology:
②. The purpose of design is people rather than products;
③. The design must follow the natural and aim laws.
- These viewpoints have played a positive role in the development of industrial design, making modern design gradually move from idealism to realism, replacing artistic self-expression and romanticism with rational and scientific ideas.
- Academic category
- industrial design
- As the field of industrial design expands day by day, and different fields have their characteristics, the fields of industrial design can divide from different angles:
- Product design, environmental design, communication design, and management.
1. Classification according to the existing form of art:
- The one-dimensional design (X and Y DIRECTIONS) refers to a design that uses time alone as a variance;
- Two-dimensional design, also known as graphic design, refers to the design of objects that change on a plane, such as graphics, text, trademarks, and advertisements.
- Three-dimensional design, (X, Y, and Z DIRECTION'S) also known as three-dimensional design, such as products, packaging, architecture, and environment;
- Four-dimensional design is the design of three-dimensional space with one-dimensional time (that is, the form of 3+1), such as stage design.
2. Starting from the corresponding relationship between man, nature, and society, categorized according to the essential meaning of the formation of disciplines:
- Human, nature, and society form the most basic relationship circle, and the corresponding relationship of their classification is rough:
- Product design: equivalent to narrow industrial design, mainly three-dimensional design;
- Environmental design: including the design of various buildings, urban and regional planning, construction plans, environmental engineering, etc.;
- According to the different media, it can classify into two categories: visual communication with text and graphics as the medium; auditory communication with language and sound as the medium.
3. Classified according to industrial design concepts and definitions:
- With the development of science and technology and the application of modern technology, the boundaries between design and arts and crafts design are becoming increasingly blurred.
- Advertising design: including newspapers, magazines, posters, brochures, trademarks, etc.;
- Including storefronts, showcases, display stands, signboards, exhibitions, advertising towers, etc.;
- including packaging paper, containers, labels, the outer packaging of goods, etc.;
- Including magazines, books, illustrations, cartoons, and layout design.
- Even in self-contained architecture, industrial design is playing an increasingly important role.
- The range of industries included in modern industrial design is very broad, involving many professions and industries, broadly covering visual communication design, architectural design, interior design, environmental art design, furniture design, product design, mechanical design, etc.
- In a narrow sense, refers to product design (including automotive design, aircraft design, and other manufacturing industries).
- Product design is the core of industrial design and the key link of the enterprise application design.
- Industrial designers use the cognition of all human nature and social attributes such as human physiology, psychology, and living habits to position the product's function, performance, form, price, and use environment, combining materials, technology, structure, and craftsmanship.
- Shape, color, surface treatment, decoration, cost and other factors, creative design from a social, economic, and technical point of view.
- Under the premise of ensuring the realization of design quality in enterprise product management, the product is both the enterprise’s product and the market.
Corporate image design
- I composed the corporate identification system of a unified corporate philosophy, standardized corporate behavior, and a consistent visual image.
- Through the CIS design, the company has a visual impact, can show the personality of the company, and is the embodiment of the company's strength and confidence.
- A successful company must be cohesive internally, which can give consumers a sense of trust and identity externally, increasing the company's reputation and achieving its business goals and development goals.
- Industrial design intervenes in the environment, an interface language between people and the environment.
- Through the cognition of people's different behaviors, purposes, and needs, it gave the design object a language, which integrates people and the environment, and gives people a friendly, comfortable feeling.
- About design activities as an important part of the operation of the enterprise, in the management of product series development, such as project management, interface management, design system management.
- be good at using design methods, implement design-oriented thinking and behaviors, and combine them with strategic or technical achievements transforming into a product or service
- The enterprise must follow the design principles and strategies to guide each department in the enterprise's development, production, and operation activities to achieve design goals and increase product value.
- The successful use of design management can enable enterprises to embed business strategies in the strategic planning stage.
- Strategic advantages also lay a good foundation for products and enterprises in the competition.
- Design is the bridge between the enterprise and the market:
- On the one hand, it transforms production and technology into products suitable for market demand; it feeds back market information to the enterprise to promote its development.
- The design concept determines the core value of industrial design and the commitment to users, while the design strategy reflects the company's vision and plan for industrial design.
- Design is an important resource for a company:
- good design will make the company have a better reputation, make the company more dynamic, and become a company's development tool
- Design is a means to establish a complete corporate visual image:
- Corporate visual image is the best appearance of the company's brand image, which is a unique style of the company.
- The industrial design brought about by industrial development and division of labor differs from other artistic activities, production activities, crafts, etc.
- However, in understanding nature, people classify the world and natural laws to happen organized and easy to grasp.
- The world we come into contact with every day should have been unity.
- Through the embodiment of various knowledge and skills, people have mastered to fulfill the purpose of satisfying the needs of the people themselves.
- However, any real thing should be holographic, including the synthesis of various laws and various aspects.
- Therefore, industrial design includes many disciplines of science, technology, and art, so that industrial design can not only meet the factors of production also deals with the content of art to meet the highest purpose of human needs.
Social division of labor
- It not only seeks unity within the product (the unity of beauty and usefulness), but also seeks the coordination of products and people, products, and the environment.
- The natural world has its laws, and so does the biosphere, which cannot become destroyed by people.
- However, the development of modern industrial civilization makes the coordination between man and the environment deviate from the right track, and industrial design is only when people deal with this problem.
- Therefore, from the beginning of industrial design, we must consider what results from the product design will bring to the environment and people and whether it will bring people a harmonious enjoyment.
- Art creation is not only the application process of aesthetics also mainly characterized by self-expression.
- The design often reflects the will of society and the needs of users.
- That the large-scale industrial production method manages.
- In the production activities of enterprises, providing users with excellent products should become given top priority.
- The purpose of an enterprise is profit, and the size of the profit is a sign of the success or failure of an enterprise.
- Through design, a reasonable design draws the user's satisfaction products and reduces production costs, and enhances corporate profits.
- Industrial design never sacrifices the interests of users, because meeting their needs is the highest goal of industrial design.
- Designs such as machinery, electronic circuits, and chemical engineering all belong to the category of technical engineering design.
- They focus on solving the performance problems of machinery or appliances, or the relationship between things.
- It focuses on the relationship between people and things; it meets people's direct needs and products can produce safely, easy to use,
- Reduce costs and meet the needs of methods so that they can harmonize product shape, function, structure, and materials.
lower the cost
- While industrial design rationalizes product modeling, function, structure, and material science, it saves unnecessary functions and unnecessary materials.
- Whoever owns new technologies can have an advantage in the competition, but the development of technology is very difficult, and the cost and expense are extremely high.
- Make it more convenient to use and increase aesthetics, enhancing competitiveness and improving the economic benefits of enterprises.
- Using the existing technology and relying on development, design can improve the function of and quality of the product at a lower cost, We can imagine that changing the display mode of the TV to a liquid crystal display is a big technological progress advancement, but how difficult it is.
- However, in terms of the color coordination of structure, shape, integrity, and environment, product design for the needs of the original groups of people is relatively accessible and convenient, which is often the focus of commodity competition in the international market.
- To enhance the competitiveness of the international market, my country has always emphasized the need to pack products, which is undoubtedly an emergency measure.
- But from the perspective of development, we must start with product design and attach importance to the product, industrial design solve the problem.
- Only pay attention to design and vigorously promote industrial design in enterprises.
- Beauty is one of human nature, and the purpose of industrial design is to serve people.
- Through the rational layout of the various parts of the product, the product's physical beauty and the function of coordinating with the environment enhanced, so that people have a suitable environment and beautify people's lives.
- The industrial design originates from mass production and takes mass-produced products as the object.
- In addition, the industrial design also has the functions of making products easy to pack, store, transport, and maintain, make products easy to recycle and reduce environmental pollution.
- The central issue of industrial design is how to enhance the quality of the appearance and ease of use through the comprehensive treatment of the product, to better serve the people.
- Because of the different development experiences of industrial design in various countries, the area covered by industrial design is also different in each country. For example, the United Kingdom includes dyeing and weaving clothing design, graphic design, ceramic and glassware design, furniture and household product design, interior design, and mechanical engineering product design into the field of industrial design.
- For Americans, its content is more comprehensive, and they call all the design about the relationship between people and objects industrial design.
- However, the primary purpose field of more and more general information is what we express in the definition, which focuses on the beauty and usefulness of mass-produced products, so-called product design, which is industrial design Core content.
I can divide industrial products into:
- products used by individuals;
- products used by a group of people:
- Facilities used by individuals and groups (mainly public facilities);
- Products far from people’s daily lives (like machinery and equipment), scientific instruments, etc. Product design plays an important role in the above fields.
Visual communication design
- In the definition of design given by the International market Federation of Societies, visual communication (mainly publicity) design is included in the category of industrial design, which makes industrial design run through the entire process of industrial product manufacturing.
- The so-called visual communication design or communication design refers to packaging design, layout design, display design, and even advertising design for the promotion of industrially designed products.
- Strictly prohibited advertising design and visual effects communication The design is different.
- Although they use the same technology and language, the purpose of advertising design is to convince customers to buy a certain product or accept a certain service, while visual communication design is not only to stimulate sale through a certain visual Chemical means to achieve the purpose of displaying products more clearly and more profitably
- But through a certain visual, chemical means to achieve the purpose of displaying products more clearly and more profitable